Topaz 16 – $14,950*
Topaz 16 X – $16,599*
Read the L’Escale Nautique review here (French only but with good pictures!)
“The Topaz 16 provides a different kind of sailing experience. On the water it feels stiffer, lighter and more dynamic than any rotomoulded cat produced by Dart or Hobie, with taut feedback that qualifies as ‘true performance’ sailing” Yachts & Yachting
High Performance 16′ catamaran
• True performance catamaran sailing.
• Precise, well-mannered handling.
• Very robust, ultra-tough, maintenance-free TRILAM construction.
• ISAF ”Learn to Sail” Class.
The Topaz Catamarans have been designed by International multihull racing legends Yves Loday and Robert White. With such sailing experience and pedigree, not to mention their proven design track records, it comes as little surprise that the Loday/White team has produced such a stunning range of cats.
The TOPAZ 16 is an accessible but high-performance cat designed for a crew of two. The Topaz 16 has a twin trapeze and boasts a powerful 14.25 m2 sail area courtesy of a large Dacron main and jib. The 16 X upgrade includes an impressive 11.18m2 gennaker. The Topaz 16 also features a sealed mast and a safe and simple lifting rudder system as standard.
The Topaz cats are all roto-moulded in tri-laminated Metalicene™ polyethylene producing the stiffest, lightest and most dynamic hulls available. The hulls are also extraordinarily robust and low maintenance, making them ideal for even the most demanding sailing environments.
Gennaker is black featuring Topper International logo.
- A high foredeck with lots of volume in the bow area is excellent for stability, handling and taut feedback.
- The built-in skeg design hulls (so no need for daggerboards) make for user-friendly sailing.
- No boom makes for one less thing to worry about.
- Lock-in beams combined with stiff hull construction provide a stiff, rigid and dynamic sailing platform.
- Adjustable, safe and simple “Race“ Rudder System allows you to adjust the rake of the blade dependent on conditions.
- Fully battened mainsail for max power.
- 16 X features the addition of a powerful single-line “Race“ Gennaker System.
- High-quality foot straps for trapezing.
- The unique non-slip pattern is user-friendly and provides extra grip when trapezing.
- Sealed mast by Selden.
- Step-hinged mast makes rigging quick and easy (even for one young person).
- Incredibly high-quality hardware, including ball bearing blocks and race specification cleats.
- Auto-ratchet gennaker block.
- Lightweight and rugged high-specification epoxy foam-filled rudder blade for precise handling.
- Total rigged weight of just 140kg.
- TRILAM technology unique to Topper gives unrivaled strength-to-weight ratio and excellent uniformity, buoyancy, stiffness, lightweight and durability.
- Three-year hull warranty.
*Prices do not include taxes or delivery. Prices are subject to change without notice. Please confirm pricing before ordering.