Topaz 14 R – $10,999*
Topaz 14 – $12,999*
Topaz 14 X – $14,265*
Read the L’Escale Nautique review here (French only but with good pictures!)
Best Catamaran – Sailing World
Best Catamaran – Voiles & Voiliers and Coup de Coeur Winner.
SUPERB 14′ RACING catamaran
• Great racing catamaran for lighter-weight crews:
• ISAF ”Learn to Sail” Class.
• True performance catamaran sailing.
• Precise, well-mannered handling.
• Very robust, ultra-tough, maintenance-free TRILAM construction.
The Topaz Catamarans have been designed by International multihull racing legends Yves Loday and Robert White. With such sailing experience and pedigree, not to mention their proven design track records, it comes as little surprise that the Loday/White team has produced such a stunning range of cats.
The Topaz 14 is a wonderful 14-foot catamaran that is fast, fun and forgiving and is ideally suited to lighter-weight crews. There is room on the trampoline for three for cruising. The Topaz 14C has a twin trapeze and a powerful 11.50m2 sail area courtesy of a large Dacron main and jib. The 14CX has a decent 10.00m2 gennaker to provide a more powered-up downwind ride.
The Topaz cats are all roto-moulded in tri-laminated Metalicene™polyethylene producing the stiffest, lightest, most dynamic hulls available. The hulls are also extraordinarily robust and low maintenance, making them ideal for even the most demanding sailing school environments.
HULL COLOUR Topaz TRILAM white hull with light grey fleck effect.
- A high foredeck with lots of volume in the bow area is excellent for stability, handling and taut feedback.
- The built-in skeg design hulls (so no need for daggerboards) make for user-friendly sailing.
- No boom makes for one less thing to worry about.
- Lock-in beams combined with stiff hull construction provide a stiff, rigid and dynamic sailing platform.
- Adjustable, safe and simple “Race” Rudder System allows you to adjust the rake of the blade dependent on conditions.
- Fully battened mainsail provides exciting performance.
- Durable and manageable Dacron radial-cut mainsail and furling jib as standard.
- Reefing mainsail as standard.
- Single-line “Race” Gennaker System is easy and effortless.
- Snuffer tube and gennaker sock.
- High-quality foot straps for trapezing.
- The unique non-slip pattern is user-friendly and provides extra grip when trapezing.
- Foam-filled sealed mast for extra safety.
- Step-hinged mast makes rigging quick and easy (even for one young person).
- Incredibly high-quality hardware, including ball bearing blocks and race specification cleats.
- Auto-ratchet gennaker block.
- Hard-wearing injection molded polyethylene rudder blade.
- Total rigged weight of just 110kg.
- TRILAM technology unique to Topper gives unrivaled strength-to-weight ratio and excellent uniformity, buoyancy, stiffness, lightweight and durability.
- Three-year hull warranty.
*Prices do not include taxes or delivery. Prices are subject to change without notice. Please confirm pricing before ordering.