Topaz 12 – $10,375*
Topaz 12 X – $11,875*
Best Multihull – Yachts & Yachting
ISAF Recommended Learn to Sail Class
COMPACT JUNIOR CATAMARAN
An excellent introduction for young and light crews to catamaran sailing:
• Great first boat.
• Tremendous stability.
• Precise, well-mannered handling.
• Very robust, ultra-tough, maintenance-free TRILAM construction
• Y&Y Best Catamaran Winner.
• ISAF ”Learn to Sail” Class.
International multihull racing legends Yves Loday and Robert White have designed the Topaz Catamarans. With such sailing experience and pedigree, not to mention their proven design track records, it comes as little surprise that the Loday/White team has produced such a stunning range of cats.
The TOPAZ 12 is the smallest catamaran in the Topper range and aims to introduce youngsters to catamaran sailing as early as possible. The 12 is simple to sail and lightweight enough to be operated by one child, although it is primarily designed for two crew, a child and an instructor or two children sailing together. Everything is geared towards a user-friendly sailing experience, including quick and easy rigging.
The Topaz 12 looks immaculate and has tremendous stability designed into the hulls, with lots of volume in the bow to give the sailors a confident feeling on the helm from the off.
The key to the Topaz 12 is her simplicity. Rigging is quick and easy. The 12 is simple and lightweight enough to be operated by one child, although it is primarily designed for two crew, a child and an instructor or two children sailing together. The 12 features a manageable and durable Dacron Radial cut Mainsail and cross-cut jib, a sealed mast and a safe and simple lifting rudder system.
The Topaz cats are all roto-moulded in tri-laminated Metalicene™polyethylene, producing the stiffest, lightest, most dynamic hulls available. The hulls are also extraordinarily robust and low maintenance, making them ideal for even the most demanding sailing school environments.
- A high foredeck with lots of volume in the bow area is excellent for stability, handling and taut feedback.
- The built-in skeg design hulls (so no need for daggerboards) make for simple, user-friendly sailing.
- No boom makes for one less thing to worry about.
- Lock-in beams provide a rigid sailing platform and stiff hull performance.
- Adjustable, safe and straightforward “Race” Rudder System allows you to adjust the rake of the blade depending on conditions.
- Fully battened mainsail provides exciting performance.
- Durable and manageable Dacron radial cut mainsail and cross-cut jib.
- Reefing mainsail as standard.
- The single-line “Race” Gennaker System is effortless.
- Snuffer tube and Gennaker sock.
- Trapeze as standard.
- High-quality foot straps for trapezing.
- The unique non-slip pattern is user-friendly and provides extra grip when trapezing.
- Foam-filled sealed mast for extra safety.
- The step-hinged mast makes rigging quick and easy (even for one young person).
- Incredibly high-quality hardware, including ball bearing blocks and race specification cleats.
- Auto-ratchet gennaker block.
- Hard-wearing injection molded polyethylene rudder blade.
- Total rigged weight of just 85kg.
- TRILAM technology, which is unique to Topper, gives an unrivalled strength-to-weight ratio and excellent uniformity, buoyancy, stiffness, and durability.
- Three-year hull warranty.
*Prices do not include taxes or delivery. Prices are subject to change without notice. Please confirm pricing before ordering.