Topaz 12C – $9,299*
Topaz 12CX – $9,999*
Best Multihull – Yachts & Yachting
ISAF Recommended Learn to Sail Class
COMPACT JUNIOR CATAMARAN
Great introduction for young and light crews to catamaran sailing:
• Great first boat.
• Tremendous stability.
• Precise, well mannered handling.
• Very robust, ultra-tough, maintenance free TRILAM construction
• Y&Y Best Catamaran Winner.
• ISAF ”Learn to Sail” Class.
The Topaz Catamarans have been designed by International multihull racing legends Yves Loday and Robert White. With such sailing experience and pedigree, not to mention their proven design track records, it comes as little surprise that the Loday/White team have produced such a stunning range of cats.
The TOPAZ 12 is the smallest catamaran in the Topper range and is aimed at introducing youngsters to catamaran sailing at as early an age as possible. The 12 is simple to sail and lightweight enough to be operated by one child although it is primarily designed for two crew, a child and an instructor or two children sailing together. Everything is geared towards a user friendly sailing experience including quick and easy rigging.
The Topaz 12 looks immaculate and has tremendous stability designed into the hulls with lots of volume in the bow to give the sailors a really confident feeling on the helm from the off.
The key to the Topaz 12 is her simplicity. Rigging is quick and easy. The 12 is simple and lightweight enough to be operated by one child although it is primarily designed for two crew, a child and an instructor or two children sailing together. The 12 features a manageable and durable Dacron Radial cut Mainsail and cross-cut jib, a sealed mast and a safe and simple lifting rudder system.
The Topaz cats are all roto-moulded in tri-laminated Metalicene™polyethylene producing the stiffest, lightest and most dynamic hulls available. The hulls are also extremely robust and low maintenance making them ideal for even the toughest sailing school environments.
HULL COLOUR Topaz TRILAM white hull with light grey fleck effect.
- High foredeck with lots of volume in the bow area is great for stability, handling and taut feedback.
- The built-in skeg design hulls (so no need for daggerboards) make for simple user friendly sailing.
- No boom makes for one less thing to worry about.
- Lock-in beams provide a rigid sailing platform and stiff hull performance.
- Adjustable, safe and simple “Race” Rudder System allows you to adjust the rake of blade dependent on conditions.
- Fully battened mainsail provides exciting performance.
- Durable and manageable Dacron radial cut mainsail and cross cut jib.
- Reefing mainsail as standard.
- Single-line “Race” Gennaker System is easy and effortless.
- Snuffer tube and gennaker sock.
- Trapeze as standard.
- High quality foot straps for trapezing.
- Unique non-slip pattern is user friendly and provides extra grip when trapezing.
- Foam filled sealed mast for extra safety.
- Step hinged mast makes rigging quick and easy (even for one young person).
- Incredibly high quality hardware including ball bearing blocks and race specification cleats.
- Auto-ratchet gennaker block.
- Hard wearing injection moulded polyethylene rudder blade.
- Total rigged weight of just 85kg.
- TRILAM technology unique to Topper gives unrivalled strength to weight ratio and great uniformity, buoyancy, stiffness and durability.
- Three year hull warranty.
*Prices do not include delivery.