Topaz 16S – $14,318*
Topaz 16SX – $16,622*
“The Topaz 16 provides a different kind of sailing experience. On the water it feels stiffer, lighter and more dynamic than any rotomoulded cat produced by Dart or Hobie, with taut feedback that qualifies as ‘true performance’ sailing” Yachts & Yachting
High Performance 16′ catamaran
• True performance catamaran sailing.
• Precise, well mannered handling.
• Very robust, ultra-tough, maintenance free TRILAM construction – Read more…
• ISAF ”Learn to Sail” Class.
The Topaz Catamarans have been designed by International multihull racing legends Yves Loday and Robert White. With such sailing experience and pedigree, not to mention their proven design track records, it comes as little surprise that the Loday/White team have produced such a stunning range of cats.
The TOPAZ 16C/ CX is an accessible but high performance cat designed for a crew of two. The Topaz 16C has a twin trapeze and boasts a powerful 14.25m2 sail area courtesy of a large Dacron main and jib. The 16CX upgrade includes an impressive 11.18m2 gennaker. The TOPAZ 16S ‘school’ rig option offers a single trapeze with a smaller and more easily controlled Dacron main and jib.The 16 also features a sealed mast and a safe and simple lifting rudder system as standard.
The Topaz cats are all roto-moulded in tri-laminated Metalicene™ polyethylene producing the stiffest, lightest and most dynamic hulls available. The hulls are also extremely robust and low maintenance making them ideal for even the toughest sailing environments.
HULL COLOUR Topaz TRILAM white hull with light grey fleck effect.
Gennaker is black featuring Topper International logo.
- High foredeck with lots of volume in the bow area is great for stability, handling and taut feedback.
- The built-in skeg design hulls (so no need for daggerboards) make for user friendly sailing.
- No boom makes for one less thing to worry about.
- Lock-in beams combined with stiff hull construction provide a stiff, rigid and dynamic sailing platform.
- Adjustable, safe and simple “Race“ Rudder System allows you to adjust the rake of blade dependent on conditions.
- 16C/CX features fully battened Mylar mainsail and jib for max power.
- 16C/CX features twin trapeze.
- 16CX features the addition of a powerful single-line “Race“ Gennaker System.
- 16S (school) comes with durable and manageable Dacron radial-cut slab-reefing mainsail and furling jib as standard.
- 16S also includes single trapeze.
- High quality foot straps for trapezing.
- Unique non-slip pattern is user friendly and provides extra grip when trapezing.
- Sealed mast by Selden.
- Step hinged mast makes rigging quick and easy (even for one young person).
- Incredibly high quality hardware including ball bearing blocks and race specification cleats.
- Auto-ratchet gennaker block.
- Lightweight and tough high-specification epoxy foam filled rudder blade for precise handling.
- Total rigged weight of just 140kg.
- TRILAM technology unique to Topper gives unrivalled strength to weight ratio and great uniformity, buoyancy, stiffness, dynamism, lightweight and durability.
- Three year hull warranty.
*Prices do not include delivery.